Re: [pyrnet] Bored Baby

Mary, what a great story!! And how philosophical you are about it!
I had to put up a sturdy fence around both vegetable and rose garden...the
only way to keep pyrs out. And if I leave either gate open and unattended
for a moment, they're both in there. Nothing like that dirt that mom's
already dug and softened, to say nothing of the compost and manure she
digs in. And she never sows the seeds right...they just have to be
rearranged. I read once that scattering red pepper would keep dogs off, so
tried it before fencing my small rose bed. Next thing I knew, Ivy Rose was
back digging in the midst of what must have been a half-pound of cayenne,
digging it up as if it was nothing...and we buy our spices fresh by bulk
so it was really hot!!
And if only we could get them to dig where we *want* the dirt turned over!
Ann, Peg, Ivy Rose and Tori