Re: [pyrnet] Barf diet?

Thanks Tracy for posting those links. The BARF diet is really interesting to me and those web sites have tons of info.  I'll be checking out the books too.

I'm researching BARF like mad and I can see I will be trying this very soon.  I'm reading about how commercial dog foods encourage too much growth too quickly and fast growth seems to have been a factor in Bear developing OCD.  I wish I'd known about BARF before.

I'd love to hear from others on the list who use BARF about how they made the transition from commercial food to BARF, and how they actually manage the diet.....do you just throw them a carcass every day?? And what do you do with the veg pulp??  Did someone mention grinding stuff up and putting it in the freezer?

Thanks for the feedback about neutering.  Belle is going for the chop on thursday and Bear the week after. (I think I can only cope with one floppy 100lb dog at a time!)

Mary.