Re: [pyrnet] high-alert barking

On the walk, she felt that you were being threatened, and did the job she was bred to do. She warned off the other dog, and got you back home safely. Understandably, her adrenaline was still pumped up after returning home. Thank her for a job well done, then act calmly like this is no big deal and all goes back to normal. She will soon learn to calm down and take it in stride. (I hope <G>)

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com