[pyrnet] hot spot?

Well I had fund today, I gave Winnie Bear a bath today.  She is an outside dog who lives with my goats.  I've noticed the last couple weeks she hasn't been quite herself.  I couldn't find anything wrong though.  I thought maybe she was getting cold or achy from the low temps we've been getting.  We've been down to 1 degree.  So I've been letting her sleep in her kennel area at night, which is a tarped, partially enclosed 10x30 building with a deck floor.  Also during the day I've been letting her stay there too.    This way she doesn't have to lie on the cold or wet ground if she doesn't want to.  Also she can sleep in the dog igloo or on a big overstuffed chair.

Otherwise she sleeps in a calf hutch with Pooh Bear in the goat pasture.  They sleep on clean pine shavings.

Today I noticed that she has been chewing her fur away by her lower stomach, under her back leg (armpit area).  This is the best description I can give.  The fur around is was clumped and yellow.  I'm assuming this is from her saliva.  Her skin is bright red and reeks!  There is no blood or pus though.

So I combed her out and gave her a bath.  What a big dog in the tub.  I barely fit in there with her.  And I thought my Black Lab took up alot of room in the tub.  I can't imagine giving Pooh Bear a bath, she is longer and taller than Winnie Bear.  She was a good girl I there though, I think she has had several baths before.

I'm  going to put some Furazolidone Aerosol Powder (topical antibacterial for wounds and sores), or I have KenVet Wound Powder (nitrofurazone antibacterial).  Or does anyone have any other suggestions?  I'm also curious if this is a hot spot, but it's not summertime....    Pooh Bear is fine, and my goats are healthy.  I'm going to keep her inside for a few days until she clears up.

thanks,

Heidi in the Catskills of NY