[pyrnet] Introduction & question

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this list and am hoping to learn a bit about Great Pyrenees dogs
as we are planning on getting a puppy soon to live with our sheep as a
livestock guardian (we have trouble with coyotes).

Heidi in Catskills of New York mentioned having a black lab dog.  We have
two labs - a spayed female and an intact male.  Will a Great Pyr learn to
live with and accept these dogs or will it consider them as intruders?  We
will be getting a female Pyr and having her spayed as soon as possible.  The
Pyr will live in the barn - the Labs live in the house but have the run of
the farm.  I'm hoping that by introducing the Labs to the Pyr at a young age
she will accept them.  Any thoughts, opinions are appreciated.

Meg in Ontario