Re: [pyrnet] Family jewels

>After yet another knock-down-drag-out fight over Newman's balls last
>night, hubby is still the winner. No amount of logic or coercion works. I
>told him that HE was going to have to watch the dog and tie him to the
>leash around hi waist, and he just says, "Whatever it takes." Sure. But
>=I= know who will end up babyitting him most of the time...ME. Right NOW
>is the time when I wish for that shock collar with the button. Wih ours
>hadn't died.

Rhonda,

Wait till hubby goes to work and then take the dog in to the vet.  It's
usually easier to deal with stubborn people after the fact.  He'll be
grumpy for a week and then he'll probably get over it (your husband, that
is).  If he's the type that carries a grudge, then don't even tell him.  By
the time he figures it out, Newman will be a grandfather without
grandkids.  The longer you wait, the more likely it will be harder to get
the dog to stop spraying.  If that doesn't work for you, measure your
husband's neck for size and check out Ebay for cheap, second-hand shock
collars.  :)

I suspect that he has ulterior motives, like maybe having a litter of
pups.  (That used to be my excuse before smarting up).  He can always get
another pup later on from a good breeder that DOES know what he/she is
doing and has done genetics research, etc.  Most (non-breeder) people
aren't prepared for that and, as had been mentioned several times on here,
some or all of the pups may end up in rescues or even worse - in pounds.

Gerry

###  He who laughs last, thinks slowest  :)  ###

LensCap Gerry

Koehler Photography - Babes, Bikes, and Big Dogs...events and layouts

**Save a life - adopt or foster a big dog**
http://www.adoptasaint.org
http://www.greatpyrrescue.org

'93 FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide
'49 Panhead
'99 FLHTCUi 88" Ultra Classic
Golden State Glendale HOG
'70 911T - Faster than a speeding ticket