Re: [pyrnet] More on Newman's "dangling participles"

In a message dated 2/22/02 8:00:54 PM Eastern Standard Time, lenscap@socal.rr.com writes:

The old man replies, calmly, "Like I'm talking to a f#%king wall."

Ahhh, yes, the wall.  Like giving advice to requests for information on the Pyr list, plus then having to endure the retorts that make this offered information somehow sinister.  We learn pretty quick on the list that requests for information sometimes is very selective i.e. it should read "request for information I want to hear and the rest is not appreciated."

Joe