Re: [pyrnet] Pics of Pyrs (was More on Newman's "dangling participles")

If you start with digital images, any image editing computer program
should allow you to correct for what is a "gamma" problem.  As editor of a
regional Pyr newsletter for many years I consistently use gamma
correction, called "curves" in Photoshop and probably lots of other things
in other programs.

The feature/tool should look like a graph with a diagonal line from lower
left to upper right.  Grab the right end and edge it down a bit.  I
usually also grab a point about 20% from the bottom and raise it a bit.

This usually gives nice definition to the fur, good color to any markings
on the ears or wherever, and bringing up the bottom end brings out the
brown in the eyes.

I actually find Pyrs much easier to photograph and edit than Newfs, who
usually end up as blobs of black.

I guess if I edited a Newf newsletter I'd know the perfect settings to
enhance them.

David

 David Kintsfather, Ph.D.       | PHONE:       (610) 683-4497
 Prof. of Telecommunications    | FAX:         (610) 683-4659
 Kutztown University            | E-MAIL:      kintsfat@kutztown.edu
 PO Box 730                     | "We need not think alike to love alike."
 Kutztown, PA  19530-0730       |              Francis David