Re: [pyrnet] Pics of Pyrs (was More on Newman's "dangling participles")

Gerry wrote: << By now you're probably wondering if I'm nuts
because of the poodle
reference, but there's a reason behind my madness.  Anybody can
take a
picture of a dog, big or small.  The trick here is the white
hair.  In your
eyes, your Pyrs will look great in the sunlight, but on film or
digital,
they have a tendency to overexpose and come out all blown out.
If you have
a digital camera with some advanced settings, you can play with
exposure
compensation until you get it right, but if you're using film,
it'll cost
you a bit.

The best way to do it with film cameras is write down the
settings you use
and then bracket in half stops.  Use slide film because you'll
get exact
results that you can use again at a later date.  Print film has
too many
variables, such as compensation from the film labs when they
print.

Hope this helps,

Gerry>>