Re: RE: [pyrnet] Family jewels

I contacted you (and you were going to publish Thor's problem in the GPCA
paper) after he passed away last January. That never happened. I had had him
neutered after his first occurence of these tumors when he was 8 yrs old.
That DID NOT stop them from happening again and again and again. After six
surgeries it finally was too much for him at 11 years of age. According to
both my vet and the Vet School in Minneapolis, they can reoccur after
neutering and he was an obvious example of it. That was why I wanted it put
in the magazine so I could find out how many others that was happening to.

Also, both of my sources advised that one of the main reasons for neutering
a male, especially as they age, is that they are indeed more susceptible to
getting prostrate cancer. I don't know what your source is but if the
teaching school is teaching that, I would have to think they know what
they're doing.

I have no intention of arguing any of this with you. I was stating the facts
as they were given to me. ALL relationships are important, whether they be
human or human/animal. For the sake of the pet, they should be
spayed/neutered at a young age so they don't have to go thru the torture my
dog was forced to endure. Thank you