[pyrnet] Dog, lists and going nuts gracefully

I really don't care very much for those "dog parks" where
dogs are allowed to run loose. I'd be afraid that my pup might get attacked.
Also, have heard of of Pyrs who decided that the park is "their territory" and
won't let new dogs in. My 2 cents worth.

I don't think I'd feel comfortable letting Newman (even as big as he is...or maybe BECAUSE he's as big as he is) loose in a dog park. With them loose with dogs you don't know, you have no control at all if things SHOULD happen. I've only let him loose to play with two dogs: Cooper, the St. Bernard next door, and Abby, my sister-in-law's Golden. Even with Cooper, I worry a bit because she will growl at him if he bothers her when he picks up a toy. I think it's much safer to let them play and visit while on a leash if you don't know the other dog, or if either one has ANY chance of getting aggressive.

If
they're well-socialized and obedience trained, they can be a joy to be
around and a member of the family you can be proud to take out in public
and "show off"..>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hi All,
Well, An"D" is now immpossible to live with again ! He's holding His nose so far up into the sky that ,if it rains , the dog is gonna' drown !
This past Tuesday, We, (and others~~~Thank You !!) , went to one of the elementary schools down here for the Paws to Read program~~An"D" got "loved", "hugged","made over",ect....Then, this last Friday, We went to Park Place,(a local Nursing Home)~~~An"D" got "loved" ,"hugged","made over"~~~~ He did something this time at Park Place that He had never done before~~~An"D" and I walked around and greeted everyone, then, An"D"  and I walked to the "recreation room" in the center of the building~~~~~ many residents pulled chairs up in a circle around Him just to talk~~An"D" lay down in the center~~Every few minutes, (on His own), He would get up, walk the entire circle, "Meet and Greet", then, lay down again in the center~~When a new person would walk up , He got up,went to the person to "meet n'Greet" , then, would go and lay back down in the center !  He never, at any time, made any effort to "get away"~~
It looked like the dog was "holding court"  !!    LOL  !!

Pamc

ROFL! An"D" is such a card. HE knows how great he is. I think all this is just going to his head!

She like this but noticed as Romy got larger and decided to check something
out and really pull that her hips took the hit.  We contacted the company and
they asked us to try out a new product of theirs that is a bungy section that
connects in.  This really helps absorb the shock.  I also fixes the problem I
had with it which was my long stride kicking the heels of Romy when he walked
ahead of me.

Thought I would just share this with you folks.

Keith, Soo, Dusty (and Romy)

Yo!  Rhonda with the broken finger here! The very THOUGHT of Newman on a leash with a bungy section makes me cringe! I can see it now...Newman takes off, pulls me off my feet, then bounces back and sits on me!  And the thought of walking 6 dogs that size at once? AAAARRRRGGGHHH!  I picture Ben Hur with his chariot.

http://www.pyrnet.org/pyrnetl.htm

They say how to subscribe but not really how to change. Try this