Re: [pyrnet] loss of faith

Sorry to come into this late (phone has finally been connected in the new
house!), but Mother's Candy has been on Rimadyl for about 3 years now.  She
has also been on Etogesic (sorry for the spelling), and this has made her
sick several times, but so far there has been no ill effects with the
Rimadyl.  Candy is now 12 1/2 years old, and while slowing down, all her
tests (before and after starting the drug) have been normal and there's no
sign that the Rimadyl is doing her any harm.

On Monday, I had to take Shania, our TM in to the vet because of cystitis.
She had a bacteria infection, and the vet put her on a strong antibiotic
due to the "nasty-ness" of the bacteria.  He told me about the testing that
the drug companies do on the various drugs -- seems ALL results have to be
reported in drug trials, even if the dog that was given the drug shouldn't
have been given it in the first place.

--- Robyn Allwright
--- Ziffany Great Pyrenees & Tibetan Mastiffs
--- www.ziffany.com