[pyrnet] "Paws to Read" ~~~~ Attention Sandi Richmond: Ala. Co. Humane Society

Hi Sandi,
Another day at Lake Forrest Elementary  for our "Paws to Read" has come and gone~~Yes, we're having fun, and I do hope that the children are having fun also.  We are, of course, incorporating reading into this fun, (the dogs are the ones that make it "fun for the children").
As usual, when the children came into the room this AM to "meet n' greet", it was the dogs that got the priority greeting, Us "mere humans were greeted as an afterthought !
This is the first week that the children have been back since Spring Break, so they were still a little "wound up" but, not terribly so ~~everything worked beautifully, but,  for the first time today , I saw something that I had , of course , heard about , but had never seen~~My little boy, Shaun, whom I have already become attached to,was a little on the "hyper side" today. talking really fast, couldn't sit still, could not concentrate for any length of time on the book that He was reading ~~Then, He would reach down and start petting the dog !! Sit there for a minute with His hands on the dog, look up, and start reading again, with NO mistakes what-so-ever !
Amazing !!

My thanks today to those that took the time to help a child~~~
Ron Sabetta &  Sally
Toni Tregear & Harry
Nancy Huggard & Barney
Pam Croy & An"D" (Yep  !  the dogs all let Us come with them !)