Re: [pyrnet] Puberty

pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:
> I have
>found a book by Carol Lea Benjamin called "Surviving Your Dog's
>Adolescence"to be very helpful.
Yes, this is a great book, as is Benjamin's "Mother Knows Best" for
training a puppy. She also has a series of mysteries with dogs as
significant characters--they're fun.
I think pyr adolescence lasts l-o-n-g! Tori will be 2 in a week, and I
don't think she's reached adolescence yet--she's still a puppy! I don't
know if this is because she was 14 months when we got her and she'd lived
in a kennel up to that point, but she's so anxious to please--what a
concept for a pyr!! She even stops barking when I tell her "enough!" I'm
sure this will end, but in the meantime I rather like it!
Ann, Peg, Ivy Rose ("she'll learn!) and Tori