Re: [pyrnet] Pyr pedigrees

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chrissy McConnell" <chrissy_mcconnell@hotmail.com>

Does anyone know how accurate these pedigrees are?  I've found several
dogs/pedigrees in our dogs' peds.

It'd be really nice if the GPCA would put together as much pedigree info and
reference photos as possible to be available to the public.>>

For the most part they are accurate.  Although this information appears on
the PMDC website, the work is the individual and private effort of Barry
Denyer.  It is an amazing undertaking, but he was not asked by the club to
do it.  So, if anyone out there is willing to do this work for the GPCA I'll
bet that it would be gratefully recieved.

If you want to know the dream of my heart, go here:
http://www.breedbrowsers.com/Berners/ and follow the links to the browser.
Also note that this site is connected to Berner Garde, the Bernese health
project.  It was also constucted with Mathmatica a reasonably expensive
program.

At one time there was a very similar database for Kuvasz maintained
privately.  It was closed by the woman who did it because she got too much
flack and too little help.  Again, this database grew out of a health
project.

Anyone who has maintained even a private pedigree program such as Compuped
can begin to imagine the kind of time and effort that goes in to a site like
this.

Linda