Re: [pyrnet] Seaver Smith

I am so sad to report the passing of C. Seaver Smith, Jr. yesterday.  I have no details at the moment on arrangements, but will follow up if I receive some.  He and his wife Edith were Quibbletown.  They left us with the marvelous gene pool that we all enjoy in our contemporary breeding program.  I suspect no one will be able to influence the breed in North America again as he and Edith did at Quibbletown.

We lost a giant to our breed as well as a dear friend and mentor to many of us.  It would be nice to think that he, now joined with his dear Edith, will be able to watch down over us now as we gather again next week for our National Speciality.  There will be many wonderful dogs there thanks to them.  I think they would be happy with some of them, at least I hope they would.

Joe