[pyrnet] Fwd: Award Banquet

In a message dated 4/23/2002 4:04:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Pyralive writes:

Well, last night was the banquet for the "Adult Volunteer of the year "~~Nope!  We didn't win, but, it was only the first year of our Paws to Read Program~~We got all kinds of exposure, got to meet and be recognized by a lot of people, so, this is what We were aiming for::(it would have been nice to win the award, but, We knew that the competition was a little too much !)~~~<BG>
We had a very nice cocktail hour, then, dinner, coffee and desert~~
There were nominees there that had been "in service" to the community for years, and rightly so, that  they would win the award !  We applauded for them as if they were our own !
Of course, We were at the table with Sandi Richmond from the Alachua County Humane society, Kay Kuhne  from Lake Forrest Elementary, Frank Burns (principal at Lake Forrest Elementary, and a very respected breeder of Cavaliers)  Katie Rooney, the Lady that introduced us to the Paws to Read program~~
All in All, a wonderful time was had by all~~A little recognition is NOT bad, and now, more than ever, People know who We are, and know about our "big whites"~~~
A Big thank You to everyone that has helped in our endeavors, be it by coming to the school to help the children, or by recognizing our efforts and our desire to help !

Pam Croy
PYRALIVE@AOL.COM

"We need not Think alike to Love alike"