Re: [pyrnet] Getting a Pyr to Eat

To everyone -- thanks for your suggestions.  No, I have NO intention to
force feed her.  Also, I'm dead set against giving her anything "special".
From previous experience on other dogs (and observing my mum-in-law with
her cat), she would probably eat something different for a time or two, and
then go off it.  This would result in an unending search for something that
she would eat.

Mary, although we don't have a true BARF diet, I do feed a lot of natural
foods for the dogs.  Generally, they have liver, goose eggs, and chicken in
addition to good quality, complete dry kibble.  I do think she's at the age
that she now only requires one good meal a day.  Most of my guys do like to
have their breakfast and tea, and then one of these meals tends to be a bit
smaller.  Also, our weather has just turned extremely warm (or should I say
HOT).  This could also have been a factor, as our male, who generally eats
everything, was also a bit off his food.    Right now -- we'll just wait
and see what happens.  She certainly does eat when she's hungry, and by the
time I arrived home from campus, her bowl was licked clean <VBG>.

--- Robyn Allwright
--- Ziffany Great Pyrenees & Tibetan Mastiffs
--- www.ziffany.com