Re: [pyrnet] Max and Beau

Hi Barb,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  AdoptaSaint just had a joint
Canine Carnival with Basset Hound Rescue a week and a half ago, so I was
very busy with that (there are a couple of pictures of beautiful Pyrs from
that event on the AdoptaSaint  website by the way).  To top that off, I got
a Saint last week from Mammoth Saints' kennel who's already completed his
championship and needed to get out and enjoy life, so he is now occupying
Max's place on my bed at night.  The funny thing is that even though he's
about 500 times bigger than Max, he only takes up about the same space on
the bed.  :)

Gerry

At 07:37 AM 4/12/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Gerry, along with the 1000's of other reasons why people get out
>of Rescue. And yes, sometimes it is all just too much. But where
>would those dogs be without Rescue? The ones who are abused,
>starved, disease ridden? The ones that you bring in, with hopes
>of saving, but they are so far gone they die in your arms? At
>least those few knew a loving hand and a gentle touch even if for
>only a few moments before passing. We get hardened after a while,
>seeing what we see, and dealing with the things we need to deal
>with in Rescue. But we are never hardened against the plight and
>needs of the dogs, just people, and the atrocities of which they
>are capable. Beau's case was special. Perhaps his purpose was to
>show us all that such great love still exixts between man and
>dog, that not even death can separate them. Although it is a sad
>story, it is uplifting as well.
>
>Barb Bowes
>Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
>The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
>bamb@monmouth.com

###  He who laughs last, thinks slowest  :)  ###

LensCap Gerry

Koehler Photography - Babes, Bikes, and Big Dogs...events and layouts

**Save a life - adopt or foster a big dog**
http://www.adoptasaint.org
http://home.socal.rr.com/gerrysbigdogs/

'93 FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide
'49 Panhead
'99 FLHTCUi 88" Ultra Classic
Golden State Glendale HOG
'70 911T - Faster than a speeding ticket