RE: [pyrnet] Growing pains or ???

> Well Romy had his first match on Sunday and he/Soo won first place for
> 9-12month Pyrenees.

Congratulations on your win!

> My concern now is that he is limping on Monday and today.

Nice of him to wait until Monday <G.>  Anais started limping at about 10
months old about 15 minutes before she was to go into the ring in her first
and only show.  Never made it into the ring.  Oh, well.

> A Pyr breeder recommended taking him off "large breed puppy food" (28%
> protein) and putting him on adult food.  I am now in the process of
changing
> him over to Nutro Lamb & Rice (21% protein, good balance of omega 3-6,
good
> ingredients + glucosamine and chondroitin).  I am also going very easy on
his
> exercise...just fresh air essentially and a bit of a stroll in the yard.

I have Wolfhounds and Pyrs.  Wolfhound people are adamant about never
feeding higher than 25% protein.  Most of my advice with Pyrs was to have
them on adult food by 6 months.  I think that pano is pretty common at
Romy's age.  Anais didn't limp for more than a couple of weeks.  Maybe she
just didn't want to go into that ring <G.>  Actually she likes to be in the
ring at matches, so I'm just kidding.

I hope that Romy gets better as quickly as Anais did.

--- Stephanie, Ciaran, Anais & Maggie
--- srwhitney1@earthlink.net