[pyrnet] Monday, mud and Mellow

Only people with a pyr can believe or appreciate this story. Here goes:
   It's pouring out and we are having a hurricane watch. I hate gardening and
dirt BUT I figure that in between storms might be a good time to weed my
front 'shrub island' because the ground is wet and soft. I have to bring
Mellow out with me (attached to my wrist by his lead) as I weed 'coz I dont
know what he'll get into if I leave him home inside alone. Ok, so he isnt the
worlds easiest puppy, but he truly has some good qualities, although it might
be tough to convince anyone after this! My neighbor that Mel adores comes
over to chat and she approaches him while cooing excitedly, "Melly,Melly,
Melly, Melly...".  Mel gets very excited, jumps on her and now she has mud
all over her yellow shirt in front, and on her face and arms.  She is
laughing (thank goodness) and still baby talking to him when he knocks her
down and starts to hump her.  Now she is filthy in front and her back is
filthy and her hair is now standing on end literally from going down on the
ground so fast!  I get him off, help her up and we are both collapsing in
laughter.  She tells me (what an incredibly good sport) that she will hold
the lead while I get the rake to put away and just then someone with a HUGE
nasty mastiff comes outside and Mellow drags my neigbor through several deep
puddles to the other dog.  Poor thing has a filthy muddy front, a slimy muddy
back and wet knees and both feet and ankles are now soaked from the puddle.
At this point I wanted to kill my dog but my neighbor (who doesnt have any
dogs and actually had her first real-life experience with dogs with my three)
laughed it off and said she would throw everything in the wash.
   Good people like that dont grow on trees, but they do have contact with
the earth it appears.