Re: [pyrnet] Lyme

Elaine Ferreira" <ferreirae@earthlink.net>

 Positive for Lyme, by the way. He did state that he thought 1 in
3 dogs get a false positive. Pico is now on Doxycycline, poor thing, but the
limp did clear right up.>>

This confuses me.  I live in an area where Lyme is not an issue but this
still seems odd to me.  Pico develops a serious limp last week.  He gets a
positive on a test which the vet admits returns 1 in 3 false positives (BTW
that is a very large error in the testing biz) and yet he is put on a
powerful antibiotic instead of being given a chance to see if the limp
clears by itself.  Sudden onset severe limps are almost always some kind of
trauma.  I admit that I need some help in understanding this.

Linda Weisser
Olympia WA USA
lmweisser@attbi.com