Re: [pyrnet] This is another story we need to get involved in...

Yes, you're right Amy. I thought of that as well. However, if
they had consulted breed rescues when writing the law, they would
not have the problems they are having now in VA. The spirit of
the law is correct, but the wording and implementation is flawed.
From the little I've read, VA has a pretty strong cruelty law,
where OH is a lot less so. I mean, my goodness! For the county
government in Morgan County, OH to condone the shooting of strays
as a method of disposal of unwanted pets at the pound? That's
unconscionable! Public outcry got that practice stopped, public
outcry over this will hopefully do the very same!

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com