[pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20020606

In a message dated 6/7/2002 12:02:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time, owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:

Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 21:30:34 EDT
From: Foxe2n10ec@aol.com
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] A "happening"  at My house !!

Pam, I was raised on a farm in the South and my father always taught us to
treasure black snakes. He would even throw one on the roof of our house
occasionally to hunt out any mice that might be sneaking around trying to get
in the attic. He always thought it was a good thing to have a snake in the
attic. . and yes, they are mighty quick.>>>

Years ago, when You could still purchase them, before they became "endangered"~~a Girlfriend of mine bought 2 Scarlet King Snakes, brought them home, and let them loose in Her Yard~~Scarlet King's are also very territorial, and She loved a lot of ground cover, greenery, ect...so  was always afraid that other snakes would" take a liking" to Her Yard~~  She had those snakes for several years, they would sun themselves out on Her driveway every  morning, but, their favorite place was to Sun themselves on the roof of the house~~
One summer, the roof on Her house had to be re-placed~~Yep !  One of the construction workers came in to tell Her,(He was very proud of Himself), that He had killed the 2 snakes that He had found on the roof of Her house ! She never bought any more , by that time they were "endangered"~~~

Pam Croy
PYRALIVE@AOL.COM

"We need not Think alike to Love alike"