Re: [pyrnet] Great Pekinese

> Can't remember where I read it, but I read somewhere that when you read
> 'dog' in the bible, it means 'saluki.'
>
> i dont know if i am right but i was told that the only dog mentioned by
breed
> in the bible is the greyhound. of course, i am told this by greyhound
people
> and i have to say that i dont know my bible well enough to quote or find
the
> page.

Maybe the other quote was from saluki people <G>.  I don't think it meant
that saluki was mentioned as such, but that the type of dog that existed in
that time and place was like the saluki, which isn't all that much
different from a greyhound.  I bet it doesn't say 'greyhound', maybe
'hound' and then there are so many translations, that it could very well be
that some translator thought that the greyhound was the type of dog that
existed at that time and translated it 'greyhound'.

--- Stephanie, Ciaran, Anais & Maggie
--- srwhitney1@earthlink.net