Re: [pyrnet] Great Pekinese

> Can't remember where I read it, but I read somewhere that when you read
> 'dog' in the bible, it means 'saluki.'
>
> i dont know if i am right but i was told that the only dog mentioned by
breed
> in the bible is the greyhound. of course, i am told this by greyhound
people
> and i have to say that i dont know my bible well enough to quote or find
the
> page.

I just found a search the bible place on the internet.  The passage is
Proverbs 30:30.  It is talking about 4 things that are majestic and
mentions 'greyhound' in the King James version with a footnote that the
exact meaning is unknown.  Some of the other versions substitute 'rooster'
for 'greyhound.'

--- Stephanie, Ciaran, Anais & Maggie
--- srwhitney1@earthlink.net