Re: [pyrnet] Black Pyrenees, White Newf...

In a message dated 7/8/02 6:44:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Kshoffman@aol.com writes:

Researchers have only recently begun to learn more from molecular analysis, and current findings render some of the above mentioned geneticists work on coat color "incomplete" at best.  In short, there's very little "definitive" knowlege on coat color genetics for many breeds at this point in time.

That has been my feeling to date and the reason I take the position I do and feel much of these definite statements we see bantered about are intellectual babble at best.  I am just as guilty as most (maybe more than most <g>).  We all want answers and understanding and it is disappointing to see our "experts ?" be little better than ourselves.  That is why I have a problem with the notion that Pyrs are a black dog genetically that just fades.  I am not sure we know really?  The more you read the more questions and doubt there exists in this area and Kelleys use of " 'incomplete' at best" may be the most appropriate designation I have seen.

Joe