[pyrnet] CHAT: Another one at the Bridge

I'm sad to announce that Mother had to have Candy, her 12 3/4 year old girl
put to sleep this morning.  Candy had arthritis in the hind legs, in
addition to Cushings.  She had been on medication for some time now for
both conditions, and for the most part was still quite active.  Squirrels
and rabbits didn't stand a chance in the yard with her around.  In 1998,
when Dad died, Candy was a constant source of moral and emotional support
for Mother.  She was always there for her, putting her head in Mother's
lap, laying in the kitchen while Mother cooked, or guarding the screened
porch while Mother sat, worked on her needle work and listened to a
Greenville Braves baseball game.  In cooler weather, Candy expected to go
for rides with Mother -- down to the local store for a bag of chicken feed,
or just out for a drive through the country side.

Even at the end, Candy was alert and ready to bark and defend the house
when David and I went over this morning to help Mother get her into the
car.  David went with them, for moral support.  Although the vet said there
"could" be things that he could do, the options didn't chance the outcome.
Candy's internal organs were starting to shut down, and no amount of
testing would prevent the pain and anguish that she would wind up going
through.

Candy will be greatly missed by all.  Our vet, who was with her at the end,
always commented how great it was to see my Mother come in with Candy --
two dignified old ladies, confident and content in their own company.

We'll miss you Candy -- wait for us.  Love, Ra

--- Robyn Allwright
--- Ziffany Great Pyrenees & Tibetan Mastiffs
--- www.ziffany.com