Re: [pyrnet] Willis

In a message dated 7/9/02 8:09:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time, lmweisser@attbi.com writes:

I would be very careful about brushing Willis off because he got caught up
in the endless, vehement and quite often noisy lumper/spliter battle. (which
is, BTW. still not resolved)  Willis is acknowledged by dog breeders and
"scientists" alike as one of the premier experts in canine genetics.

Brushing off might be a little stern an assessment of my doubt.  I have a very healthy suspecion about him and will always look with a suspecious eye at his opinions.  I recognize he is an authority at some levels and on some subjects.  My opinion is he missed the boat badly in that one area, but many will disagree, so lets not heat up that one here.

BTW, has Willis actually opined about the color genetics of the Pyr?  Not sure I have ever actually seen it, only some vague references to this opinion by some others that are yet undocumented, at least that I am aware.  I would love to see the reference so I could study and research it.

Joe