Re: [pyrnet] Hot Spots

> But.... he keeps stretching as hard as he can to lick
> his butt. He pulls out hair sometimes because he is trying so hard. I
have
> had the groomer clip down his butt, I have sprayed it with Apple Bitter,
> I've harped, ranted, and raved. How do I get him to stop? He doesn't have
> worms, he's clean, I'm almost positive it isn't due to any allergy. It's
> either nerves or an overactive cleanliness problem as he's not dirty
either.
> I could use any and all suggestions you can give me as he is really
> determined and we had the beginnings of a hot spot there this spring.
Thanks
> so much. Nancy

Anais appears to be trying to groom herself by her tail when she has
problems with her anal glands.  That was something that never occurred to
me because she never scoots like other dogs I have had.  My vet said, "Some
dogs scoot, some lick or bite their tails."  Have you checked that out?

--- Stephanie, Ciaran, Anais & Maggie
--- srwhitney1@earthlink.net