Re: [pyrnet] Hot Spots

Hi Nancy,
Last year Mandy had a problem with hot spots that I
was able to successfully treat at home after getting
advice from the list. But, she still seemed to be very
itchy in general. One thing that has made an amazing
difference for her is that I started (and continue
every day) her on fish oil supplements, also known as
a derm cap, or an essential fatty acid supplement. I
actually buy her the one for people, rather than dogs,
its exactly the same ingredients and alot cheaper.
I was told it might take a couple of weeks to see
results, but in 4-5 days she stopped itching totally.
It was some of the best advice I've gotten for pyrs. I
think alot of them tend to have sensitive skin and
it's worked great for her.
She especially loves taking the pills because I coat
it in a little peanut butter first.
Good luck,
Kelly & Mandy