Re: [pyrnet] Hot Spots

<< Either from her licking or from ingestion through the skin, she started
drinking
> excessive amounts of water which passed right through her. It stopped as
> soon as we stopped applying the cream, and the vet was sure that was the
> cause as urinalysis etc. came back clear. Apparently some dogs are very
> sensitive to the cortizone steroids and even a little through the skin can
> cause problems.

Drinking excessive amounts of water is very common when a dog is on
steroids of any type.  Along with the drinking comes the peeing as well
<VBG>.

--- Robyn Allwright
--- Ziffany Great Pyrenees & Tibetan Mastiffs
--- www