Re: [pyrnet] Hot Spots

pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:
>When Jasmine has had hot spots I've found that putting a little bit of
>cortizone cream on them helps.
I'd be careful with this. We had a cortizone cream for Ivy Rose when she'd
had some lumps removed and one of the incisions was slow healing. Either
from her licking or from ingestion through the skin, she started drinking
excessive amounts of water which passed right through her. It stopped as
soon as we stopped applying the cream, and the vet was sure that was the
cause as urinalysis etc. came back clear. Apparently some dogs are very
sensitive to the cortizone steroids and even a little through the skin can
cause problems.
Ann, Peg, Ivy Rose and Tori