[pyrnet] Pyrs, gotta love em

What a day. Every other month, I go to my best friends house to bathe Buster
(12yr old springer/cocker cross) and Eiger (4yr old rescue Pyr) along with
about 4 other dogs that are paying customers (she's a groomer). I'm in
charge of washing and drying and she clips what needs to be clipped. Mine
are free (great best friend!) After about 5 hrs, I'm shot.

Buster is clipped and sleeping right by my feet. Eiger got the full
treatment :)  Toenails, ears, clipped butt, bathed and soaked in the
non-allergenic shampoo, and vinegar/watered. I had me a 125# dill pickle for
awhile but while I spent about an hour drying him, the smell has changed
back into a lovely clean shampoo smell....he's still kind of wet in spots.
The thyroid pills and a cool house has slowed up the shedding process this
year but today was a day to end all days since I got him. I have noticed
that he has been starting to shed but you will have to picture this. Big wet
white dog in a raised tub. I blow dried him for about an hour. The dryer is
a high powered thing that blows the old hair out. You have to picture
this... my tongue was coated with hair. Dawne was laughing so hard so almost
peed on herself. My hands were completely coated with his hair and everytime
I tried to pick hair out of my mouth I kept adding more. Finally, I couldn't
see out of my glasses and had to back away from him... Picture innocent
rescue eyes going "huh?" I started laughing at him and me and the look of
the room. He's in full coat blow now and we're back home. I think I've
picked all the hair off of me and showered. They're both sleeping and I need
tea to choke down what's in my throat  :)

I'll let you know how the butt chewing problem goes. Dawne checked my
soap/vinegar rinsing and feels I got all the soap off. She clipped him back
there some. No hot spots, thank goodness. I need a break. Pyrs, just gotta
love 'em. Again, thanks for everybody's concern.

Nancy, Snoring Eiger & Buster