[pyrnet] water consumption

Title: Message
I remember reading at a few places the pyrs drink more than most breeds. Is this true?  How can I tell if my pyr is drinking a lot and may need medical attention?
This morning she got up and drank for 2 minutes (granted she slopped half of it all over the kitchen).  She tried to wake me up in the middle of the night but I assumed it was from the thunder.  She normally sleeps all night without a drink so I don't know if she was just extra thirsty from panting from the storms or if she should get checked.  I have not noticed any other extra drinking, but she has always drank a lot.
Thanks,
Sherri