Re: [pyrnet] Breeding through fences

----- Original Message -----
From: <Pyralive@aol.com>

My breeder told Me of a dog that She had retired and sent up to Canada~~The
dog was kept in a kennel run with other Pyrs. ~~~~the kennel being seperated
by chain link fencing~~
The PYR bitch in the next run to this retired dog went into heat~~Now, the
last few minutes of this  feat was witnessed!~~The bitch "backed up" to the
holes in the fence, and the dog "did His thing"~~~~
The "proof is in the Pudding", and, 60 days later, they had the proof !
:)>>

This is in no way a criticism of Pam but anyone who breeds dogs and has
watched the process over and over is just astounded by stories like this..
Basically given the anatomy of the dogs and the manner in which dogs breed,
this kind of through the fence breeding would be mostly physiologically
impossible.  Especially for a very big dog. A male needs to sort of tuck
under and get his pelvis nearly straight up behind a bitch to accomplish a
breeding and he lays his body forward and grasps her with this legs.  I
always have visions of this huge, sort of awkward dog plastered straight up
against a chain link fence. With his front legs stretched out to either
side.  Like something out of a cartoon.  I laugh every time I think of it
:-))

In 30 plus years of breeding dogs and zillions of breeder conversations, I
know nobody who has ever seen such a thing happen.

Linda