[pyrnet] Rescue/breeder "poll"

I have a "situation" that I need help with.......

Hypothetical breeder/rescue question:

One of your spayed or neutered dogs, whom you placed with a family in Bangor Maine (or substitute any location over 2000 miles from you) has turned the dog over to the local  shelter, i.e.,Humane Society, pound (the family no longer wants the dog for "personal reasons" -- not temperament reasons).  Bangor Rescue, who has an excellent record with Rescue placements, has gotten the animal out of the "shelter"  and contacted you (the breeder) about what you want to do with the dog.
Your choices are:
     Have the puppy shipped back to you (at YOUR  considerable expense)
     Allow the local rescue organization to find the puppy a well-suited and checked- out home AND you pay appropriate expenses
       Allow Rescue to place the dog and YOU pay NOTHING
       You don't help in nay way.

Thanks for your input.
Linda