RE: [pyrnet] FYI New dog site...possible Breeder Photo copyright infringement

 Jan Chaplin wrote:

> Sariena the photo of the Pyrenean with the puppies is Ronda Trent's Ch
> Ariege Arlaten (Yoda) with one of his litters from years ago (Yoda will be
> 12 next year) and Ronda did not give permission. She has sent
> them an email.
> I recognised Yoda straight away (I bred him) from that site so
> many thanks.
>
> Jan

Oh, that is really disappointing. To bad people do these things
deliberately. I hope the site owner does the right thing by Ronda!

That was my biggest fear when doing my site. I had downloaded several
pictures from "royalty free" or "free photo" sites. It was always in my mind
that hopefully the sites were telling the truth, and the photo's were indeed
"royalty free".

So instead I decided to not use most of them just to be safe. Thank goodness
people on this list graciously let me use photo's of their gorgeous dogs
instead! And in my opinion it made it much nicer and more personal.

Speaking of which....<G> There are still many pages in the Pyr Friends Photo
Album that could be filled to the brim with your dogs/puppies fluffy faces!
I also could use a good photo of an LDG guarding livestock for the "Pyr"
info page.

If anyone would like to share your photo's for all to see, please email me
the photo and what ever caption you would like printed under it.

I have done my best to protect your photo's by inserting a "No right click,
save picture as" java script, and a script for disabling the IE6 toolbar.

If someone is determined to steal the photo, there are ways around that, but
for *most* average "photo thief's" it is a much more involved process and
they may not know how to go about doing it. Or just won't be bothered as
there are easier photo's to be had.

Regards,

Sariena Foley
http://regaliapyrs.tripod.ca/index.htm
Dedicated, in loving memory to my boy Zeus -February 14, 00-September 27, 01
Educational site about the Great Pyrenees and facts about the ONLY reliable
source to obtain one.......a RESPONSIBLE breeder!