[pyrnet] Fw: Ebay Billing Scam Alert

This came to me on the Pyrspectives list.  Barb

Fw: [Pyrspectives] Fw: [CKCShowDogs]

I know lots of you are using ebay to sell - watch out for an email from
"billing@ebay.com" that says they need you to resubmit your personal
info.
They will direct you to a site called www.ebay-updates.com

I ran a "whois" on this domain. It is not owned by ebay. It is a scam to
harvest credit card numbers and bank account info.

The email reads as follows:

***************
Dear Ebay Member,

We at Ebay are sorry to inform you that we are having problems with the
billing information of your account. We would appreciate it if you would
visit our website [Ebay Billing Center] and fill out the proper
information that we are needing to keep you as an Ebay member.

If you think you have received this email as an error, please visit our
website and fill out the neccesary information. That way we can make
sure
that everything is up to date! Again here is the link to our website.
Ebay Billing Center

permission to forward granted.

--
Kate