RE: [pyrnet] Pyrnet email

My Norton's also caught one, actually several over the last week. This one
today appears to be an old post to PyrNet (not to me personally) written by
Darrell Goolsbee, Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Pyr eyes.

I assume it was pulled by the virus from someone's saved files and sent out
to people in the address book on the computer. As when checking the Internet
Headers it says the Return-Path: <dgg@YAHOO.COM>

Which I see is not Darrell Goolsbee's email addy.

The W32.Bugbear@mm virus appears to send out old emails from an infected
computer, changing the "From" field to the original posters name, yet
changes the return addy to an unknown email address. If you reply to the
email, it will bounce back as unknown email address.

Usually the person's name in the "From" field is not the person affected,
just someone either in the address book on the affected computer or the
original poster of the message.

JFYI

Sariena