[pyrnet] Pyr/Wolf crosses

Well this is interesting.  Was looking up domestic skunks (wanted to see
pics....they're so cute) and ran across this site.

http://www.highlonesomeranch.com/

Imagine my surprise when I saw a reference to crossing wolves with "Great
White Pyrenees"!!!!

They seem like nice people, or that could be an act, but very uninformed.
They raise several different breeds and crosses but as far as I see, thank
God, they don't cross Pyrs themselves....yet.  But oh the reference on the
Wolf Dog page.

http://www.highlonesomeranch.com/Wolf%20Dogs.htm

It was bad enough reading their other dogs' pages but when I saw:

"Some of the most common breeds of dogs that are crossed with wolves and
wolf hybrids are Alaskan Malamutes, Siberian Huskies, Eskimo Dogs, German
Shepherds, Great White Pyrenees and Belgian Sheepdogs."

I thought I'd go ballistic.  Bad enough they mix dogs and screw up the name
(although they managed to spell Pyrenees right) but what kind of people
would cross Pyrs, or any LGD, with a wolf?!  I mean if they know of someone
who does that's terrible!

I suggest looking through the rest of the dog pages....it's an experience.

http://www.highlonesomeranch.com/Kennel.htm

Sadly they live in my home state, WV, but at least they're from OH.  (See
http://www.highlonesomeranch.com/LivingWithoutElectricity.html )

Chrissy