Re: [pyrnet] Estagel and Estat d'Argeles Of Basquaerie, etc.

Part of my last response did not make sence due to cut and paste error.  I'll try again.

<< I've also heard that many modern French-bred dogs are a bit more....I
don't
> want to say aggressive....but you know, to other dogs and people.  Is this
> true?  If so, why?>>

Absolute rubbish.  I have seen said this over the years in sporadic comments, but it is dead wrong.  Temperament in France is much better than in North America and our temperament in the main is fine (a few exceptions noted, but the group in the main).  I know of only one breeder in France who has timid dogs in France, but that's it.  In the 18 years we have been going over I have seen maybe 1500 Pyrs.  They are wonderful dogs with something special we do not have in our dogs here.  Something indefinable, but one knows its there nonetheless.