Re: [pyrnet] rescue question

I'd maybe go to a more bland diet. It seems that the dog had not been fed in
a while and the fat content of the food may be causing the problem. Hid gut
is just not used to processing the food. Probiotics may help in this
instance. Normally, I'd suggest yogurt with active cultures, but the dairy
may cause a much worse problem. Try acidophilus from the Health Food Store.
(MUST be kept refrigerated) Also try adding some canned pumpkin. (100% pure
pumpkin not the pie filling) I'd get him checked for Giardia as well.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs) & Elle the foster Pyr
& Flopsy (Pyrenean Shepherd)
"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!"
bamb@monmouth.com