[pyrnet] Selective barking...Just don't get it ;)

So can anyone tell me if their Pyr's have selective barking as well? I mean
we all know they have selective hearing but......

Turbo barks at the wind, Turbo barks when people come, She alerted when a
coon was in the drive shed which is at least 300 yards from the house...so
her ears are just fine... I swear she sometimes barks to just hear herself
as I can't for the life of me figure out what has her rattled...no problem,
that's a Pyr...right?

So it's interesting that a WHOLE HERD of cattle could be strolling around my
yard for several hours do to all the dung and foot prints in the
snow....even coming close enough to the house to rub on my car :(....and
she, sleeping on her mat by the sliding glass door, facing the yard...does
not hear a thing!

At least not until my neighbour came to tell us that he just chased a couple
back on the yard who decided to stroll out onto the road! (which means they
ran...you would think pounding hooves on a frozen driveway would have
warranted a reaction ;)

Hmmmmmm, just another one of my "interesting observations" LOL!

Sariena Foley
http://regaliapyrs.tripod.com/index.htm
Dedicated, in loving memory to my boy Zeus -February 14, 00-September 27, 01
Educational site about the Great Pyrenees and facts about the ONLY reliable
source to obtain one.......a RESPONSIBLE breeder!