Re: [pyrnet] Selective barking...Just don't get it ;)

hmmmm , yes , My Maddie barks. ( and strangely I'm NOT complaining!) Let's
see now, 2 weeks ago , it was about 11pmish , I was knitting in the family
room waiting for hubby to get back from hockey( non contact) I heard the
garage door open and that was all. After 2-3 min. Maddie started boofing and
whining and sat at the door to the garage. I opened the door to see what was
going on and there was Greg trying to open the door with water bottles in
one hand and his other  arm in a sling. Someone had labelled him during the
game and dislocated his shoulder. ( it was his right arm and driving home
with a manual transmission was "interesting" he said.)
Then last Thurs. we were watching a movie after kids were in bed and Maddie
was woof woof woofing quietly at the bottom of the stairs. I KNOW that bark,
and ran like hell to my son's room. Kenny spent the night in the hospital
with his (sats) oxygen level at 85...should be 96 . He was having an asthma
attack in his sleep. Then THIS morning Maddie disappeared UPSTAIRS! I
couldn't find her and NEVER thought she'd gone there because she's not
allowed up. She was lying on the floor beside my daughhters bed. I went in
and said OUT silly girl. All of a sudden she Boofed a muffled boof and Meg ,
my 6 yr old rolled up on her elbow and threw up all over...she was just
burning up. We just got back from the dr.'s and Meg has an ear infection.

Maddie barks in her sleep as well....It keeps us all on our toes.
When she's outside and barks, we usually always go out to see what's going
on <sigh> she needs a whole different bark when she barks at satellites and
cat burps...
But we always say "good girl" and MEAN it!

Oh and one more thing...not barking related, but important none the less,
lately, whenever I sat down , she'd plod over to me and started nuzzling my
left breast and shoulder area. I would get miffed since I am still nursing
my 6 mo old son, and figured she just smelled milk. I started taking
antibiotics 2 days ago for mastitis.....(ouch)

Michele Donald
Calgary.