Re: [pyrnet] Selective barking ...

When Jascha was young, he did not like small children.  He usually removed
himself from their areas esp if they liked him!  One day, a little cousin
Michael who was very fond of big dogs (his familty had several sheepdogs)
pursued a friendship with Jascha to the point where I had to rescue the dog
from the corner of the room.  Jascha had backed up so many times to get away
that he was cornered.  Later the same day, Michael was playing at the edge of
our deck, a three to four foot drop with no railing and despite the fact that
Jascha would have preferred to be anywhere else, he kept walking between
Michael and the edge of the deck to make sure Michael did not fall off.
Michael even tried to outsmart Jascha and get around him to get to the edge,
but Jascha would not give up until I rescued him from his duties by calling
Michael to dinner.  Jascha is a pet and has had no herding training or
exposure.  Michael has since grown older and so too has Jascha.