Re: [pyrnet] Please help

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 22:03:55 EST, JKW9298@aol.com wrote:

>I am very afraid to put an add in the paper. Many people want a Pyr for a
>dog, but have never had one and like the look of a big fluffy dog. They don't
>really know what a responsibility a Pyr can be. I just thought since this was
>a Pyr group maybe someone could help. Julie

That's why you screen them. You know her better than anyone in the world, much better than a Pyr rescuer knows her. We have to do the same exact
thing. Advertize, pay for the ad, screen the callers, educate and do a home visit.
I'm not trying to be hard on you but it's not one single bit "easier" for Pyr Rescue to place someone's dog than it is for the owner.
Mitzi Potter
Mitzi@Mitzis.net
Guthrie  OK