Re: [pyrnet] Please help

     And  you  never  know  when  there  might  be  a  pyr-knowledgible
person  out  there who  might  just  be  ready  to  open  their  hearts  and
home  to  another  pyr---  someone  who but  for  the  ad might  never  had
become  aware  of  this  pyrs  situation.  You  never  know.  When  my
Mollys brother  died  of  brain  cancer,  it  was  a  chance  run in  with
his  owner at  the  vets when she  was  picking  up  his  cremains,  and
telling  me  that  she  definitely wanted  another,  that  I  put  her  in
touch  with our  club  rescue and  not  long  after,  they  came  home  with
two  pyrs.
Nancy

>On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 22:03:55 EST, JKW9298@aol.com wrote:
>
>>I am very afraid to put an add in the paper. Many people want a Pyr for a
>>dog, but have never had one and like the look of a big fluffy dog. They
don't
>>really know what a responsibility a Pyr can be. I just thought since this
was
>>a Pyr group maybe someone could help. Julie
>
>That's why you screen them. You know her better than anyone in the world,
much better than a Pyr rescuer knows her. We have to do the same exact
>thing. Advertize, pay for the ad, screen the callers, educate and do a home
visit.
>I'm not trying to be hard on you but it's not one single bit "easier" for
Pyr Rescue to place someone's dog than it is for the owner.