Re: [pyrnet] Cancer

I would suppose, within different genetic make-ups, that some people and/or animals are "immune" to certain cancers when exposed to one or more carcinogens. And perhaps it is truly "cutting edge", but then many things on the "cutting edge" have been disproven as well. IMO, the statement is still only perhaps true in the broadest generalization. Which to me, seems that it has no real bearing on the subject of cancers and their cause. Cancers are, (or at least are believed to be) mutated cells in the body. Environmental causes for such mutations have been proven. Heritable perhaps, in that cancer only occurs in living organisms. <G> JMO. However, only time will tell I suppose as more research is done in the area of cancers.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs) & Elle the foster Pyr
& Flopsy (Pyrenean Shepherd)
"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!"
bamb@monmouth.com