Re: [pyrnet] Cancer

In a message dated 12/10/2002 7:28:19 AM Eastern Standard Time, bamb@monmouth.com writes:

Actually Joe, I said the "statement" was foolish, not the researcher.

Been gone for a few days, so sort of behind.  I repeated the "Statement" as it was given to me and several others by the researcher, so not quite sure what the distinction is unless you suspect the statement I gave was not given accurately (which is always possible, but I believe in this case not applicable).

I am not qualified to debate or discuss this complicated area very much, but in its simplest terms there are genes that do many things including turn on and off certain bodily defenses.  All these in its broadest terms influence the occurrence of disease and lack thereof. That's part of the reason certain people don't get HIV and other problems resulting from environment, lifestyle, etc.  This is the thrust of the "heritable" Vs Genetic properties.

The group at Colorado State are acknowledged to be on the cutting edge of this area by everyone I know and I suspect their and others research will change some of what we not believe or suspect.

Joe